Our Family Blog

The life and times of Mick, Tricia, and the boys (mostly the boys, of course) :)

Saturday, March 29, 2008





Hi. It's been a long time since I've updated my blog, so I thought I'd do a quick update before my life "really" gets crazy again. We're going in on Tuesday to have our baby boy. We are very excited around here and trying to get all of our last minute projects done. I have quite a "to-do" list for Mick, which I know that he loves right in the middle of March Madness. I think he thinks I'm crazy because I've been reorganizing the entire house in the past 2 weeks. A lot of people have been asking if Luke is ready for this big change and I would say the answer is... "he doesn't even know what is about to hit him." The wonderful thing is that he has become a lot more independent and wants to do everything for himself. So, that frees up our hands a bit. Of course, this also results in tantrums at times, but often his attention can be diverted to something else fairly easily. We've also been talking a lot about babies and he has a baby boy doll that he really likes (of course this is because we talk it up for him). In fact, one time he tripped and almost went flying down the stairs, throwing the baby down in the process. Somehow, I was able to grab him in time before he went the whole way down (it was an amazing feat with my belly and I still don't know how I did it), but the baby crashed at the bottom. He was quite upset by the baby falling so that relieved some of my fears that he will try to get rid of the new baby. We'll see what happens when he actually arrives. In our free time, we've managed to keep up with the basketball games going on and monitor our brackets. :) Mick went on a work trip in February to Brazil and had an amazing time touring companies and mines in the Amazon Rain Forest. I have recently started working again on a "very" part-time basis. I do interviews over the telephone for my old employer and really enjoy it. I work about 5 hours per week, which is perfect. Luke is busy talking up a storm and is trying to form sentences. It is so funny to hear what he says and I don't know where he learns half of the stuff. He has also developed a strong interest in TV and candy (as a result of Valentine's Day and Easter). Whenever I ask him what he wants to eat (breakfast, lunch, dinner, whenever...), he says "cookies!" If you have a chance, say a prayer for us on Tuesday. Mick will send out an announcement as soon he can. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your Spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home