Our Family Blog

The life and times of Mick, Tricia, and the boys (mostly the boys, of course) :)

Wednesday, February 14, 2007





Happy Valentine's Day to all my sweeties! Luke is celebrating his 1st Valentine's Day and he was excited to receive his 1st cell phone! Since he always tries to grab mine while I'm talking, we gave him one so he can talk to his own friends - Elmo and Cookie Monster. We spent this Valentine's Day with about 4 inches of snow on the ground. It is beautiful, but I am really missing the TX winters this year as it has been so cold lately. We are terrible parents who did not build a snowman for our child; however, my mom and I snuck around the neighborhood taking pictures with all of the cute snowmen. I don't know who is more frightened in the picture: Me, Luke, or the snowman. With all of the cold weather, Bailey is greatly missing her daily walks and we are feeling a bit house-ridden these days. But, Luke and I have been going to a few different playgroups lately. We recently started going to a Baby Sing/Storytime at the Library and Luke has already met a girlfriend, Anna. :) Unfortunately, he's not allowed to date until age 16 - but he does swap saliva with her by stealing her toys (typical male). He loves to watch the other kids and appears to be confused by the fact that they can move. He is becoming increasingly frustrated by his lack of mobility and cries when he can't get to the toys out of his reach. He is still working on crawling; however, he has been amazingly successful at getting to toys by rolling. He is also getting around by walking with our help. He loves to do this and our backs are suffering as a result. NOW... for the BIGGEST NEWS YET... Luke has slept through the night for 4 nights in a row and I'm a new woman. After 7 and a half months, I got my first 8-hour stretch of uninterrupted sleep and it was wonderful. I'm sure that I have now jinxed myself so I better get to bed. We hope you had a fabulous Valentine's Day!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Cat said…

    Way to go Luke, sleeping through the night! That is the way to be good to your mama. We can't wait to kiss your chubby cheeks this weekend, and Elliot is excited to make a new friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home